Saturday, June 7, 2008

Who knew?

I just found out I'm trypophobic, and all this time I thought I was just weird.
What gets me are small clusters of tiny holes, in asymmetrical patterns. I get itchy all over and really uncomfortable. The itchiness can last for hours.

trypophobia

  1. The fear of holes, cracks and/or clusters.
  1. An irrational or obsessive fear of holes, cracks and/or clusters, or what might hide inside them.

http://aboutcures.net/2008/02/21/trypophobia-fear-of-holes/


Trypophobia test:
Does this make you uncomfortable? (I had to get my brother to find the image and post this link, pathetic, I know.
Lotus Seeds
>

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I found this through a search because I talked to my therapist about this today. She hadn't heard of fear of clusters and it was very difficult describing it to her. You definitely aren't alone though, and I wanted to know if you've had any help or suggestions on how to conquer this. Some things just freak me out a little- the lotus seeds, for example- but others will bother me so much I just want to curl up and die. It's such a terifying, terrible sensation!

Unknown said...

It's very disturbing for me. I only started being affected by it a few weeks ago when someone emailed me a picture of the 'Lotus Breast'. (I know it's fake but that didn't matter) It almost sent me crazy. Literally. I was crying for over an hour, cuddling myself, trying to swallow screams that were rising up in my throat. My reaction to it was nowhere near normal and now I can't look at things the same. I freak out at the Lotus Seed Pods mainly but I've heard of so many other things that get to people. I can look at it now, but I hate it. It makes my skin crawl, I feel sick and I get really hot and sweaty. I saw a bunch of little icicles on the inside of a plastic lid the other day and almost threw it at the wall! There's a couple of ads on tv that trigger it too. I hate it!